Friday, 25 July 2014

Storecupboard Staples and Hot Weather Treats

 
Day  206
 
Money Spent Today - £8.59   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £20.00
Money Spent in Total - £232.62    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £289.09
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money Earned Through Sale of Food £30.50
Money left in purse  -  £3.90
 
A completely different kind of shop this time, no fresh stuff at all, well there were no bargains to be had, and salady things are so much cheaper at Asda at the moment so I thought I would concentrate on storecupboard staples and some hot weather treats.
 
A couple of bottles of milk as it was a few pence cheaper if you bought two, and the same with the ice lollies, so I bought a total of four packs.  It's always nice to have a cool treat stashed in the freezer on a hot day and we've run out of icecream now.  I bought the chips as a treat for when we can't be bothered cooking and also to act as an icepack for the lollies.  I knew the car would be swelteringly hot when I got back to it and didn't want my lollies to dissolve into chocolatey puddles before I got home, it worked a treat!!
 
 
I could have made bread rolls and I could have made biscuits .... but on these hot, hot days sometimes you just don't want to do you!!
 
The other things are all things we are about to run out of .... peanut butter, tartare sauce for LH to dunk his chips in (a little fetish of his), some tinned beans ready for salads etc and some oatcakes to go with the homemade cheese I hope to make soon with my newly purchased Cheese Kit.  Not a bad shop,  and one that before vouchers and offers would have cost me £30.07 and which I only had to stump up £8.59 for - good result !!
 
So that's my last voucher from M&S used up and although some more should arrive in the next few weeks, I will never have that amount to be able to spend again ...
 
 .... unless I buy another car  ;-)
 
Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi sue intrigued Cheese making kit ?did I miss that post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was over on my other Blog - http://ournewlifeinthecountry.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/and-we-just-wore-our-own-clothes.html

      Delete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.