Wednesday, 9 July 2014

My 9p Shop



Day  190
 
Money Spent Today - 9p    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £13.00
Money Spent in Total - £202.52    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £269.09
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money Earned Through Sale of Food £30.50
Money left in purse  -  £17.98
 
I didn't really need any shopping until Friday, but as I was in M&S anyway and my little vouchers were tucked in my purse I decided to get the bread and milk we will need for the weekend.  It's nice having a stroll around the shelves later on in the afternoon, the frantic day trippers have gone, the folk that have finished work early are there in their smart suits choosing what to have for tea that night, it's a whole different atmosphere.
 
 
 
Now we have bread in the freezer, some more luscious English strawberries and a lovely pot of cream to go with them ... oh and a couple of packs of our favourite sweeties to put in the cars.
 
And all for 9p.
 
Sue xx
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, can't remember if I asked you this before, but if you don't mind me asking how do you get so many nectar points, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I answered this the other day when you asked it, this is a copy of the answer then -

      ' I think I mentioned in an earlier post ... LH does over 600 miles a week in his car and that's a lot of petrol, he only tops up at garages that give him Nectar points, so either at Sainsbugs or BP. We also have to top up the truck around once a month and that holds over a hundred pounds worth of petrol each time.

      We also make sure we make full use of vouchers you get from Sainsbugs that give you double points for shopping or petrol. It all adds up nice and quickly. '

      This particular shop, that I have written about above was done at M&S, I got so many vouchers from them because we bought my car with our M&S credit card at the start of the year. (And then paid it off in full when the statement came in the following month from our savings.)

      I hope this answers your question.

      Delete
  2. I am not sue but I think her lovely hubby fills up his work car at garages that give nectar points


    I noticed today I have £11 of coop points , might use them for all the fruit we are eating on our healthy eating plan

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.