Tuesday, 22 July 2014

More Rather Than Less


Day  203
 
Money Spent Today - £0    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £221.36    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £269.09
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money Earned Through Sale of Food £30.50
Money left in purse  -  £12.16
 
That's a picture you don't often see at the top of these posts, a pot full of Lamb Stew.
 
I had defrosted some lamb chop, cutletty things last weekend and LH didn't get round to eating them while he was home, I was determined I wasn't going to waste them so I rustled up a really basic stew with some carrots, leek and potatoes.
 

 
Now it's been divided into two really good portions and gone straight back into the freezer.
 
I have decided to have a real attempt at emptying the freezer during the next few weeks.  I seem to be filling it more and more this way.  I mean one little pack of four lamb thingy's came out and two big tubs went back in.  Sometimes it looks like I have more food rather than less even though I am now over halfway through my 365 days.
 
Sue xx

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. A single compact slab of frozen mince returns to the freezer as two portions each of curry, bolognese and chilli con carne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... yep, one thing out, six things in :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks very tasty - add a bit of pearl barley and you have the local speciality "Lob Scouse"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant idea. I'll either add pearl barley or some lentils to it when I thaw it out, it will make it much more filling and soak up a bit of that gravy nicely. :-)

      Delete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.