Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Leaves

 
Day  189
 
Money Spent Today - £1    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £202.43    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £256.09
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money Earned Through Sale of Food £30.50
Money left in purse  -  £17.07
 
So the money in the purse went up by one pound and then immediately down by one pound as I couldn't resist this lovely bag of mixed leaves for exactly that price.  A handful placed under every salady meal I have this week will just add some extra crunch and flavour.  I'm loving leaves this Summer ....  I'm just not loving the fact that I am having to buy them!!
 
The lettuces and mixed leaves that I planted out in tubs on the patio were eaten by I don't know what, but I've not had any.  I planted out a sprouting potato which was doing brilliantly well and had been earthed up a couple of times with strong leaves bursting through the soil every couple of days ....and then it vanished completely!!  This one I do know who caused the demise of .... two chickens having a dust bath and then Rosy the dog burying her bone in there, now the tub is full of radishes with a clear lid placed on top to deter dust bathing and burying, these are actually doing really well so the thinnings from the tub will be added to my bought leaves for an extra peppery crunch.  Hopefully as well as giving me a tasty nibble this will also allow the radishes that are left to really develop well as they will have optimum room. 
 
Sue xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.