Monday, 14 July 2014

Hiding in Plain Sight


Day  195
 
Money Spent Today - £0     Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £210.17    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £269.09
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money Earned Through Sale of Food £30.50
Money left in purse  -  £15.35
 
It's funny how some things hide in plain sight and never get used.
 
This pair of Chorizo sausages were on the shelf in the fridge and were just sat there.  Not used, not looked at and not even considered.  I could have added them to many a meal I have cooked Lovely Hubby over the course of the last few weeks ... but I didn't !!
 

 
So I thought I had better do something with them before they went even more out of date.
 
I simply sliced then quite thinly and then open froze them.
 
 
A couple of hours later they were tipped into a box and placed back into the freezer ..... to be forgotten about once more no doubt!!
 
Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a few slices of chorizo give a bit of extra flavour to soups, stews, etc. I always fetch a few back from our travels, they last for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A favourite breakfast right now is some of the bread we made on the course we went on (it's tucked in the freezer). I chop it into rough chunks and crisp it up, similar to croutons, in a frying pan, then add 2 or 3 chorizo slices and render them down, then I have that with a tomato, and maybe a poached egg
    Would Lovely Hubby like that do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.