Thursday, 3 July 2014

Harcombe Diet 14 Day Summer Blitz


Day  184
 
Money Spent Today - £0    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £199.08   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £231.09
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money Earned Through Sale of Food £30.50
Money left in purse  -  £15.42
 
For the next two weeks I am taking part in the Harcombe Diet 14 Day Summer Blitz.  It means lots of lovely natural eating, loads of salads, vegetables and good 'real' foods, no processed bought in foods ....  just good healthy eating.  If you are a meat eater you can have lots of natural meats (you'd be surprised if you read the labels how many packet sliced meats have sugars added to them).
 
The idea behind the first five days when the diet is much stricter is that it helps your body to free itself from the scourges of the modern diet, Food Intolerances, Candida and Hyperglycaemia, which can all be brought about by eating too much processed foods laden with carbohydrates and sugar, then once the first five days are over you can start to reintroduce other foods back in and see how well your body copes with them.
 


 
So with all this in mind I decided to make a choppy salad to start the week, using up all the salad veggies in the fridge.  First I sharpened my knife, there's nothing worse than having a chopping marathon if your knife is a bit blunt, very frustrating.  This little sharpener is one of my best buys and I try and remember to use it regularly.

 
Having lots of things prepared means there is less chance of me being tempted to grab the wrong thing from the fridge in a moment of hunger.  But in my opinion one of the best things in being on this diet is that you are NEVER hungry.  You should aim to eat three good healthy and filling meals a day, you can snack if you have to between meals, but really if you get your meals right with a good bit of protein, in my case fish or eggs for the first five days and then cheese can be added next week, you shouldn't get the munchies.
 
Not so much of a 'diet' as a move back to healthy eating.  Keeping it strict at first means your body has a good opportunity to get back to it's natural equilibrium, and I'm all for that.
 
I've decided I'll be shopping with my Nectar points tomorrow to stock up on more lovely fresh foods.
 
Sue xx
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I find the giving up sugar harder than when I gave up the fags! good luck I'm cheering you on from the shires x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I have lost my sweet tooth and am finding this easier and easier each time I do Phase One. Thanks for the cheering :-)

      Delete
  2. Spending a pound a day and dieting to boot. What next. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha .... don't encourage me to add anything else to my Challenges :-)

      Delete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.