Monday, 28 July 2014

Freezer

 
Day  209
 
Money Spent Today - £0     Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £232.62    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £289.09
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money Earned Through Sale of Food £30.50
Money left in purse  -  £6.90
 
I'm trying not to shop this week if I can help it.  There's nothing we need, we have milk in the freezer for Lovely Hubby's coffees and teas, there are buns also in the freezer if we want toast or sandwiches, there is grated cheese in the freezer to top any meal or fill any sandwich,  there are loads of tubs of portioned meat and sausages, frozen individually so we can pick out just enough for any occasion.  There is also lots of butternut squash curry in the freezer and quite a few frozen veggie options for me, Quorn products, supermarket own brand things that have been there since way before our move that for whatever reason I just haven't been eating.
 
Are you getting the gist of all this .... we seem to have everything in the freezer, which I guess is why the contents of the cupboards are so slow to go down, I have come to the understanding that my freezer is my most used storage space for food.  No bad thing, it's better that it is as full as possible, it means it costs a lot less to run.  And it would seem that every time I take something from the cupboards to make a meal of I seem to make lots of portions of that meal and then pop them in the freezer for future use.
 
Well I've decided that now it is the 'future' and we need to use some of them up.  Time to stop eating the same few things over and over for a while and be a bit more experimental.
 
None of the breakfast pictured above came out of the freezer, so there's a start  ;-)
 
Sue xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.