Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Cheats Banoffee Pie

 
Day  182
 
Money Spent Today - £0    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £193.58  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £231.09
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money Earned Through Sale of Food £30.50
Money left in purse  -  £18.92
 
After Lovely Hubby's Humpty Dumpty impression at the weekend I decided he needed cheering up and luckily between the cupboard and the fridge I had the makings of this.

 
Dead simple, well aren't most cheats!!
 
Spread the tinned toffee sauce over the bought pastry case.  I use a savoury one to take the edge of the teeth crunchingly sweetness of the sauce and the bananas ... and still it's too sweet for me really, but this was to be mostly for LH and a grand finale to oversweet treats.
 
Top with bananas, I guess one would be enough but I wanted it to have some semblance of being healthy!!

 
And then smother with whipped up cream, there's not actually a lot of cream here but enough to make it a real treat.

 
Then really there's just one thing missing ... a bit of decoration.

 
Half a square of dark chocolate later it looked like this, and did us for two desserts and one breakfast over the course of two days.  Yes I did say breakfast ;-)
 
Harcombing all the way from today onwards.
 
Sue xx

3 comments:

  1. That looks a bit sweet for me...but I love your method for freezing bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a new product for me, the Carnation Caramel, oh my this does look good, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a tin of this a few weeks ago, just spotted it and thought it would be a good store cupboard standby, your pie looks yummy, we are cutting down for a few weeks as we had lots of treats when we were in Wales, hope your hubby is feeling better x

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.