Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Back to Basics

 
Day  204
 
Money Spent Today - £2.67    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £224.03    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £269.09
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money Earned Through Sale of Food £30.50
Money left in purse  -  £10.49
 
Sometimes you can't beat a little bit of simple salad, a simple crunch, pop of flavour and burst of freshness to go with whatever you have on your plate or sandwich, with a dollop of mayo you're all set to go.
 
These days it seems every salad has to have a myriad of ingredients, some basic some more expensive, complex flavour combinations, all singing and all dancing salad to please the eye, sometimes even more than the taste buds.
 
Yes, it's nice to have a try at some of these occasionally, but I'm finding I come back time and time again to the good old basics Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber and sliced Onion.
 
You can't beat it, and this little lot cost me just £2.67 in Asda yesterday :-)
 
Sue xx


2 comments:

  1. Substitute the onion for a stick of celery and I'll agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough salad-stuff at the moment. How happy was I that Aldi were selling huge, posh, crinkly red lettuce for 69p this week! I mix in a bit of homegrown rocket and land cress - yum!

    I also found some bargain virgin rapeseed oil for £1.20 reduced in Asda, which makes a lovely dressing.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.