Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Water and Cordial

 
 
Day  161
 
Money Spent Today - £2.66   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £152.05  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £209.86
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £8.95
 

Working hard outside as we are at the moment, means lots and lots of long cold drinks, and currently Lovely Hubby's drink of choice is Sparkling Water with a really good dash of Lime Cordial.  This is working out much cheaper than the bottles of flavoured water I used to buy him, sometimes he could drink three of those in one day, so sparkling water at just 17p for two litres is much better value.
 
Yesterday I stocked up with two more bottles of cordial, which at just 58p each from Asda were a real bargain and I think a trip to Tesco for more sparkling water will be on the cards in the next couple of days.

 
While I was in Asda I got some bread rolls, three packs for just £1.50 another bargain and now tucked in the freezer so they will last as long as possible.
 
Sue xx
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! I love reading your blog, and have been following for a few years now. Something that has me perplexed though, is your consumption of bottled water! Sure it would be more economical (for your AND the environment) to get a water filter?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have many treats but sparkling water is one of them.

    We also drink tap water, and lots of it but this doesn't get mentioned on the blog ..... how many times would I have to write, 'today I had a drink of tap water' and how interesting would that be! We drink about one bottle of sparkling water every two days, the rest of our drinks are straight from the tap, there is no need for us to buy expensive filters as the water here in North Wales is absolutely delightful tasting and ice cold straight from the tap.

    We reuse at least a third of our empty plastic bottle for various things about the place and the rest go in the recycling bin. We did price up getting a Sodastream and adding fizz to our tap water but it would have taken us over 6 years to break even with the outlay and we would still have been buying the gas cylinders.

    Supermarkets own brand or value Sparkling Water is my drink of choice. Occasionally when I'm out I go mad and have a San Pellegrino .... whoo hoo proper posh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing so well. And cordial goes on my shopping list...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a fitted water filter but I only drink water (plus a few cups of tea) - and if you have tasted London water you would know why we filter it!

    We also live in a London borough that is the first place in the country about to be fitted with Smart Water Meters - and who are going to force us all to be metered whether we want to or not ( and no concessions for disabled or seriously long term sick.)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.