Friday, 20 June 2014

The Lowest

 
Day  171
 
Money Spent Today - £4.64    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £170.18  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £215.34
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  -  82p
 
This is the lowest my money has ever been, even on day one I had a pound!!
 
I decided to stock up on Garlic paste as I had just used the last tube, I find it works out cheaper in the long run than buying fresh garlic and risking it going off before I use it all, of course once I am growing my own again this won't be such a problem.  The milk is for guests one day this week and of course for Lovely Hubby at the weekend, I don't touch the stuff anymore.  The baking butter is to whip up a new supply of crumble mix for the freezer to go with all that lovely rhubarb and any other fruity bargains I might find, so all things I really needed .....
 
... but now I'm virtually skint.
 
I think all next weeks shopping will have to be with the Nectar points and M&S vouchers so I can let the purse replenish itself again.
 
Unless I can think of something else ......
 
Sue xx

5 comments:

  1. I'm getting worried about you! That purse is painfully thin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the '£365 in 365' challenge was just about yourself, so should you be paying for milk (and other items) that will be used by other people, especially if you will not be using the milk? Frugal towers here now as I have managed to buy spend our monthly food budget already, but only have to buy bread (I hope) until next Thursday. I think I will be on vouchers next month too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Challenge is mostly just me as it's mostly just me here, but it also covers everything food related except meat, which I NEVER EVER eat. As I sometimes use milk in baking items that I eat or have a splash on cereal (rare but it happens) it is included in the budget. Things tend to balance themselves out and I have been know to eat some of the fish that has been purchased with LH's meat without including it in the figures, so I think it balances out in the long run ....... well enough to satisfy my conscience anyway.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of baking butter, how is it different from regular butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually just cheaper, as the taste of the butter is pretty much masked by other ingredients I tend to use it if I'm doing a lot of baking or in this case making a big batch of crumble mix, which will have sugar and oats in it.

      Delete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.