Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Strawberries

 
Day  160
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £149.39  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £209.86
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £10.61
 
This year for the first year in a long time, most of any strawberries we eat will be coming from the shops.  The couple of plants I brought with us when we moved, have sadly been nibbled at by the pesky rabbits and the couple of fruits left on them are struggling to ripen.  Next year hopefully things will be better when I will be able to have a strawberry bed in the net tunnel away from little furry critters.
 
I guess I'm simply going to have to get used to the later growing season up here.  I have a lot more to learn over the next couple of years.  I was spoilt living down south for the last five years, everything was earlier, warmer and drier.
 
Now it's just later, cooler and wetter ... much much wetter.  

1 comment:

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.