Monday, 16 June 2014

Rhubarb

 
Day  167
 
Money Spent Today - £0    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £159.11  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £215.34
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £7.89
 
It's a lovely feeling stashing into the freezer something which hasn't cost me any money whatsoever.
 
Fifteen minutes washing, chopping and laying out on an open tray gave me enough rhubarb to fill this box. 
 
Lots of tasty treats ahead :-)
 
Linking over to my main Blog, Our New Life in the Country  for more pictures of this Rhubarb preparation.
 
Sue xx


5 comments:

  1. I spent the morning doing exactly the same although some is headed for the jam pan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made Rhubarb Jam, maybe I'll give it a go with the next lot, we have some jars empty now ready for refilling.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sue, I have never frozen rhubarb before, is it as simple as washing, chopping and open freezing?? Thanks Lynda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the way I have always done it and it's never failed for me. :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, will give it a go ;-)

      Delete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.