Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Not Spending for Spendings Sake

 
Day  176
 
Money Spent Today - £0    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £188.02  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £230.34
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money Earned Through Sale of Food £30.50
Money left in purse  -  £18.48
 
It feels a bit weird seeing so much money available to spend on food in my purse.  It feels almost as though I should dash out and spend it on something just to get the level down to a figure I'm more used to ..... but I'm fighting the urge.
 
I need to think about what I need to spend it on, and as I have something coming up next week that I have to really control the food for,  I guess having that money will be a god send.  So I will resist the urge to spend for spendings sake!!
 
The picture is my breakfast of choice for most days this week, sometimes with a dash of cream or sometimes just as it is, I have mostly berries with just a couple of spoonfuls of one of my Dorset cereals.  All the berries except the strawberries are from the freezer from last years harvest.  They have preserved very well and taste completely fresh once they have been sat thawing in the bowl on the Aga while I walk the doggies round the paddock each morning.
 
Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Save some for the winter (I won't mention the 'C' word in June!!) when veggies and fruit are expensive...accumulate as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! And just look how healthy your brekkie is!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.