Monday, 2 June 2014

May Comparisons - Part 3


May
 
January - at the start of the Challenge
 

Day  153
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £146.55  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £206.36
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £6.45
 
Now these pictures give me a real buzz.  At first glance it doesn't look like the contents have gone down that much, but then you see that the shelves are now holding my present of lots of lovely free Tassimo pod packs (I got a voucher with the machine we were bought as a housewarming present by my Lovely Mum, which we redeemed for some of our favourite drinks) AND also there are the all Dorset cereals that I won for being Blog of the Month with my other blog  Our New Life in the Country.
 
January - at the start of the Challenge.

These photos at first glance don't seem to show any reduction in food stuffs either ....

May
 
... but in this second one some of the recent order from Approved Foods,  (see it HERE) the four large bags of bread roll mix are in there  ...... and they take up a lot of space.  So it shows that a lot of the previously stored food had already gone from this cupboard.
 
All in all I am really happy with the way the cupboard contents have gone down, the things that are left are mostly what we enjoy eating on a regular basis and so we are definitely going well with the Challenge.
 
The only thing that is concerning me is that we sort of assumed that home grown fresh foods would have kicked in by now, and we would be spending virtually nothing on salads and vegetables, and being able to save the pound per day towards shopping for the leaner months of Winter.  If I do get the polytunnel up soon I will have to set to straight away and get crops in that will see us well into the Winter ahead.
 
Sue xx



3 comments:

  1. I've made sure I'm following your other blog too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed this series! I like how you are using things up, reorganizing, and being thoughtful about what you re-stock.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.