Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Lots of Shopping ?

 
from Google Images
 
Day  155
 
Money Spent Today - £0    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £149.39  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £209.86
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £5.61
 
I keep notes in my diary whenever I go shopping to keep me on the straight and narrow with this Blog, and also to act as a back up in case any information gets lost on here,.  Yesterday I noticed how frequently I seem to be shopping.  Well I guess that's to be expected when you only have dribs and drabs of cash to actually spend.
 
But just out of interest this is how often I have shopped each month since this Challenge began:
 

January - 3 times
 
February - 6 times
 
March - 8 times
 
April - also 8 times
 
May - 7 times
 
At first I thought it was excessive, but I guess at an average of just below twice a week it's not too bad at all, although of course there is always the risk that the more often I go, the more I may be tempted to spend what I haven't actually got!!
 
So this month I'm going to try and bring this average down by shopping five times or less.  Oh no another 'Challenge with a Challenge' :-)

Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. I think twice a week is about right, if you're buying your veggies, as we do. I tried once a week and it just didn't work for me - but I do my Mom's shopping too and also take one of her friends with me once a week! You can go as often as you like, it's only what you BUY that counts (apart from the time you waste). But then again, if you don't shop, you don't spot the bargains.I don't love shopping but I know someone who goes several times a week to Tesco (ugh!) at about 5.30 and she gets lots of good stuff reduced on it's sell buy date...so...what do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pop to the shops for fresh items about twice a week. Even if I were to do a big monthly shop, I'd still need to do this.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.