Thursday, 12 June 2014

Good Food

 
 
Day  163
 
Money Spent Today - £0    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £159.11  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £215.34
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £3.89
  
Even though I'm spending a pittance on food at the moment, making full use of vouchers, points and coupons is meaning that we are able to afford fresh fruit and veg .... thank goodness.  I really thought we would be luxuriating in home grown goodness by now.  Hopefully once the poly tunnel is up I will be able to spring into action and get some late crops in that will ease the spending.  
 
In the meantime I am rationing out the M&S vouchers and the Nectar points to ensure that over the next couple of months we have an abundant supply of all the fresh foods we need to supplement the frozen ones.
 
The freezer is getting lower now and we can see the bottom in places, but it's not too worrying as in other places there are stacks of plastic boxes filled with sweetcorn, broccoli and other healthy veggies.
 
I need to have a sort through and make an inventory I think.
 
Sue xx

1 comment:

  1. I have just done an inventory too, and am wondering what I can add to make my food stocks more summery! (No home grown here)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.