Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Fruit and Cream

 
Day  162
 
Money Spent Today - £7.06   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £5.48
Money Spent in Total - £159.11  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £215.34
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £2.89
 
Just when the money in my purse had risen to a brilliant level I go and shop two days in a row!!  Oh well there's enough fresh and fruity things to last this week out now tucked up in the fridge. 
 
 I bought the large tub of cream as I have just found a big bag of Blackberries picked last year, lots of Blueberries bought when they were on a yellow sticker offer and all tipped into one big tub, and also a tub of our own redcurrants and white currants picked before we moved all lurking at the bottom of the freezer under the bags of oven chips.  So a few lovely breakfasts of berries and cream coming up,  I don't have desserts any more after meals so I have my berries and cream for breakfast instead, it makes a wonderful start to the day.
 
 
 
And some of the berries will be popped into jugs of Pimms.  I know I have a bottle stashed safely away from last year, and you can't beat a jug of Pimms after a hard days digging on the hillside :-)
 
Sometimes using up what you find can be very rewarding .... and very tasty!!
 
Sue xx

1 comment:

  1. I love all your tips and tricks so much! I've done the placing the paper towel into a salad bag, & lemons in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.