Friday, 13 June 2014

Coffee

 
 
Day  164
 
Money Spent Today - £0    Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £159.11  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £215.34
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £4.89
 
I've been thinking a lot recently about coffee ..... I know sad eh!!
 
I drink my coffee black, and at the moment de-caffeinated.  Lovely Hubby would prefer caffeinated it's more natural he says, but to be honest I wasn't enjoying the 'buzz' I was getting from it, so I switched without him knowing .... and then came clean when he hadn't spotted the difference.
 
The trouble is I have a jar of the caffeinated stuff in the cupboard and I'm loath to leave it just sat there and I can't afford during this challenge to give it away really.  Now that the coffee canister is getting low I think I'll buy a couple of jars of de-caff and combine two thirds de-caff with one third caffeinated ..... then we can all be happy and I'll not waste any money. 
 
Sorted  :-)
 
I'm also struggling to use my coffee machine, |I think it's turning into one of those gadgets that you love at first then quickly sits gathering dust, the Lattes (which is what I bought it for) are proving too sickly for me.   I think I'm just really off milk now and I don't think I'll ever get back 'on' it, so I don't know what to do with the machine for the best .... oh no, something else to be think about !!
 
Sue xx

5 comments:

  1. I've bought so many gadgets over the years which I rarely used and eventually gave away. My current guilt is a very expensive juicer I bought about 4 years ago.

    Many gallons of fruit and veg juice later my husband finally admitted he'd rather just eat the fruit and veg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a coffee fiend too, and drink "half caff." I have an espresso maker and I do like lattes, but when I get tired of them I make Americanos (a shot of espresso and about 8 oz of boiling water.) Like a strong dark coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drink my coffee black and full strength, we have a senseo machine and we love it, it gets used twice a day sometimes 3 times but we dont drink instant anymore. I never drink coffee after 6 pm....I have enough trouble sleeping :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, we have an Italian stove top espresso maker extremely low tech but makes a lovely cuppa. if you want milk with it for a cappuccino we heat milk in the microwave and use a milk whizzer (cant think of the name). you can also use it for hot chocolate.

    a small hit of coffee in chocolate cake and in chocolate chip cookies it gives it a lift. in case you don't want to mix them

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.