Friday, 23 May 2014

Yay ..... Vouchers

 
Day  143
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £132.90  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £176.06
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £10.10
 
Yay!!  My latest lot of M&S vouchers have arrived to bulk out my food shopping capability.
 
A total of £58 worth of potential food, plus a couple of coupons to help towards next quarters total.  Now I guess to some folk that would all be gone on one weeks shop but looking at them the way I do now, I see five weeks of fresh food shopping to add to my storecupboard and freezer staples.
 
I seem to have developed a completely different mind set over this last few months.
 
 
And yes .... I returned to my love of chopped salad buns with a bit of grated cheese for lunch yesterday, in fact it was the last of the grated Red Leicester cheese that I used up.  I do have a small tub of grated Cheddar cheese in the freezer and a larger one of Parmesan style cheese but supplies are now getting low.  Perhaps one of the M&S shops will have to include a block of cheese.
 
Can you tell I almost forgot to take a photo of lunch before I ate it  :-)
 
Sue xx

10 comments:

  1. You do well on vouchers! I find that since I don't spend much, I don't get much in vouchers, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We put virtually all our purchases on the cards even if we go out for a coffee, it soon mounts up and as long as you can be strict and pay the bill off completely each month it means you get something for nothing and that is always a good thing :-)

      Delete
  2. I don't imagine you use a credit card so I am wondering how you get the vouchers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We DO use credit cards and have two.

      One is a Tesco credit card and the other is the M&S one. We managed to amass this amount of vouchers by buying my 'new to me' car on the card and then paying it off in full when the CC bill came at the end of the month. They gave us half the vouchers last quarter and the other half this quarter.

      We ALWAYS pay them off in full every month so there is no interest to pay.

      Delete
  3. Having pared down my spending, sadly, they only sent me £3 worth of vouchers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the downside to living on a lot less. But even £3 worth of vouchers would buy a lot of value products to stock the larder with say pasta or rice for the next couple of months.

      Delete
  4. I have managed to build up a good store of vouchers, and recently put two large motorhome related transactions on my credit card (as I think you did with your car) and therefore will have a real boost of Tesco points at the end of the year. I am not sure what to do with them to make them most valuable to us. I think I currently have around £70 in nectar points too, so feeling quite flush at present - I think I may exchange a small amount for a large batch of value brand stuff to supplement our normal shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do mount up fast if you buy a few larger items don't they.

      Gosh you will be able to get a lot of value brand stuff with your £70 of Nectar Points :-)

      Delete
  5. I wasn't being confrontational, I just wondered. Funnily enough a friend just mentioned to me the other day that she had a M & S card and she wondered why I didn't have one - but I presumed it was just a store card - and I didn't fancy the temptation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay I didn't think you were being confrontational, I'm sure a lot of other folk have wondered why if my food spend is so low I manage to get that amount of vouchers. Also we buy a heck of a lot of petrol on the cards which usually add to the Nectar points each week as well.

      I think the M&S card is the best for rewards, and because I have had mine for so long the credit limit is ridiculously high. I think they are hoping that I will make a stupidly large purchase and not be able to pay it off in total at the end of the month and then finally start paying them some interest. Large things are only bought if the savings have built up enough to be able to pay the card off in full, if they aren't ...... we wait.

      Delete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.