Friday, 9 May 2014

Well it Could be Lemonade!!

 
Day  129
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £121.35  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £174.60
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £7.65
 
The saying goes 'When life gives you lemons, make lemonade' ... and indeed I still could but with my bargain lemons, lovely luscious plump lemons at that, I decided to freeze them for whenever I decide to use them, for whatever purpose.
 
 
A good sign was they were full of pips, which means they had been left on the tree as long as possible to ripen naturally.


I sliced them quite thinly, and as evenly as I could, then layed them in a single layer on my recycled plastic trays ...
 

 
... stacked the trays carefully and popped them all in the freezer.
 
After a couple of hours I separated the slices where they were touching before they froze stuck together forever, and then put them back in the freezer overnight.



The next morning I popped them all into a couple of freezer proof boxes keeping one slice out to put in a glass of sparkling water with some ice cubes.  A lovely refreshing treat for anytime of the day.  When that glass of water was drunk I put the glass still containing the lemon slice into the fridge and simply topped it with more water whenever I fancied a drink throughout the day. 
 
If one slice lasted me a whole day of top ups think how many drinks I am going to get out of all those slices  stashed neatly in the freezer  :-)
 
One pound fifty very well spent.
 
Sue xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.