Sunday, 4 May 2014

Tomatoes

 
Day  124
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £111.12  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £174.60
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £12.88
 
Gosh I'm in need of therapy at the moment!!
 
Only veggie growing therapy ......so you don't need to worry Mum!!
 
For the price of one packet of seeds (50p ... I get all mine at the end of the season from the garden centres when they sell them off in a big hotch potch for 50p a packet) you would get about four tomatoes if you were lucky from the shop.
 
But as I'm so far behind this year I think I will be taking a little bit of my budget and going to the car boot sales to find someone that is selling off their surplus plants.  Even at 50p per plant it's so much cheaper than buying the tasteless supermarket offerings that have usually travelled the world.
 
Sue xx

1 comment:

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.