Friday, 16 May 2014

Shopping and Salad Challenge

 
Day  136
 
Money Spent Today - £8.31   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £131.66  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £174.60
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £4.34
 
I went shopping for some milk ..... and bought this little lot .... Ooops!!
 
Still it's not all bad, Lovely Hubby wanted some more Salted Peanuts, the little pizza has been thrown in the freezer for a quick supper sometime, it will be added too by the way not just eaten as it is.  I use these as an already loaded with flavour pizza base when I get them cheap, topping them with sliced onion and more cheese or some sliced sausage and more cheese if it's for LH.
 
We needed some more Lime Cordial to flavour the sparkling water, it's much cheaper than buying ready flavoured waters and you can choose how strong to have the drink, LH likes his strong and tangy while I like mine with just a hint of flavour so this way it suits us both.
 
I couldn't resist the shortbread and at just £1 a box it's a nice treat to have in the biscuit tin.
 
 
My salady challenge started well with some of the chopped salad being mixed with a dollop of mayo and a couple of spoons of grated Red Leicester and piled onto buns with some of the rocket and lettuce and a couple of tomatoes on the side.
 
 
I was hungry and surprised myself by being able to eat both of these buns.
 
Sue xx
 

3 comments:

  1. I love lime cordial, especially in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have looked in the fridge tonight and realised too that I have 'tired' salad so will probably be joining you in your salad challenge over the next few days. Also, at our new campsite (work) I am able to have some pots around the motorhome, so am seriously considering some more herbs (there is already mint on site) and some salad leaves and radish. I would like a courgette or two and my colleague has suggested some beans grown against our compound fence, so looks like we will be growing after all this year! I should model my little plot on your tin bath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lime and soda is my new drink when I go to our Student Union, it's only 10p a glass! I like your idea of chopped salad combined with mayo to make a sandwich filler, might have to give that one a go :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.