Saturday, 24 May 2014

More Vouchers and Weekend Shopping

 
Day  144
 
Money Spent Today - £8.56  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £15.30
Money Spent in Total - £141.46  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £191.36
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £2.54
 
Our Tesco vouchers dropped through the letter box yesterday so I decided I would use them to buy our fresh foods for this week and also a couple of treats for the weekend.  I didn't mean to spend quite as much as I did but I think spending a total of £8.56 for a Bank Holiday weekends shopping is totally permissible and I do have a little left in my purse.
 
So we have treats of a couple of cheesy garlic breads, some English strawberries, which came with a free tub of cream, a bar of chocolate and two sliced loaves because as well as having a 40p off coupon they were 'buy one for £1.50 or 2 for £2', so again in a way it means I have another loaf of my favourite bread for just 10p!!  So one has been stashed straight in the freezer and the other has already been dipped into to make our lunch.
 
 
I had a total of £13.50 of cash coupons and £1.80 of coupons off things I purchase on a regular basis. Don't you just hate that 'big brother' feeling when you see that they monitor and know about everything you buy every time you shop there, I know I do.  I threw away the 35 extra points coupon after taking this photograph as I didn't really need speciality cheese.
 
 
And I had to knock the price of the indigestion tablets off this receipt as medicines don't come out of the Challenge budget.
 
 
And I have these two left over.  I made a mistake and picked up the wrong Lurpak product (the only one not included in the offer) so I got the checkout operator to cancel it and I will use this voucher and the second allowable use of the milk voucher next time I am in there shopping.
 
Sue xx
 
 


5 comments:

  1. I hate the 'big brother' aspect, but feel the 'free money' is worth it. The new Lurpak products look cook, although you can't get the mist I see. Look forward to seeing what you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that big brother Tesco rarely sends me coupons for things that I buy regularly. In fact if he is going to monitor my shopping then I would be pleased if he gave me a USEFUL coupon. I usually end up throwing them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the cream with your strawberries today - our store had run out of cream but was still promoting the offer. We left the strawberries in the shop this time, as we will soon have some of our own, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they should give you a voucher if an item is out of stock....or used to at least but it has been a long time since I was in a supermarket so things may have changed

      Delete
    2. I did ask a lady who was refilling shelves in the cream aisle whether they would do that, but she didn't think so, and I didn't have time to pursue it any further. I might pop in later in the week and see whether the offer is better provisioned!

      Delete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.