Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Fast Food, Convenience Food

Day  126
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £111.12  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £174.60
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £14.88
 
I've been thinking a lot about food recently, too much I sometimes think, but with Live Below the Line week it was all about cost, sometimes when I'm busy it's all about convenience and speed and this is where we all turn to fast food or convenience food.
 
But this does not have to be junk food!!
 
 
As I cracked these two eggs this morning to make my breakfast ...
 

 
... just simple Scrambled Eggs cooked in a little butter.
 
It brought it back to me that this is the ultimate convenience and fast food all thrown into one simple yet nourishing and filling plate of food.
 
So is the apple at the top of the post ...
 
 
... so is a banana.
 
Foods that are wrapped and ready to go, take minutes to wipe or just bite into, or in the case of eggs they can be hard boiled and left in the shells until you want to eat them.
And stop those craving for a chocolate bar with a small pack of nuts in your bags.  Healthy in small amounts and very good for nibbling on while out and about.
 
Who needs packets of multi-coloured, sugar filled cardboard tasting snacks that leave you feeling hungry for more the minute you have finished eating them, just as the manufacturers want you to feel because then you'll eat more later or twice as much at the first sitting.
 
I'm off to buy some more fast food in a minute, we have completely run out of all salady bits so I'm taking my £14.88 and seeing how much of it I need to buy enough salad to last me for the rest of the week.
 
Even this will be fast food once I have washed and carefully re-packed it and popped it all back into the fridge for dipping into as and when needed.
 
Sue xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.