Saturday, 31 May 2014

Comparison Pictures - May

 
January at the start of the Challenge
 
 
Last Week of May
 
Day  151
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £146.55  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £206.36
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £4.45
 
I finally got round to photographing the kitchen cupboards, after a quick tidy up of course ;-)
 
 
January
 
 
May
 
They are not looking as empty as you would expect because I have also been rationalising them.  Now there is no food kept out on the worktops and food from other cupboards has been added to these when there has been space to store 'like with like'.
 
I am, however, for the first time in a long while pleased with how things are looking and as the contents of all the cupboards goes slowly down it feels as though a huge weight is being lifted off my shoulders.  I am definitely going to go down to a minimal stockpile of just the things we eat on a regular basis.
 
No more buying 'just in case'.
 
Back tomorrow with the final comparison pictures.
 
Sue xx


5 comments:

  1. Yes, must admit my cupboards/freezers seem over-full with stuff bought "because it was on offer" or "might use that one day".
    Trying to eat our way out of the stock-pile, but it seems to take a long time to make any impression on it.
    But I'm getting on top of my "stock-piling" shopping habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're currently trying to eat our way through stockpiled foods in the cupboards too, as too much was getting pushed to the back and wasn't even visible let alone being used. I decided I wanted to simplify the cupboards and I agree it does feel like a weight has been lifted when you start to see space. I still order from Approved foods once a month, which tends to fill things out again for a while, but I make sure I only buy things we will definitely eat or drink and that won't languish for an age, because I got them to give them a try and then never get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking very good! It is hard to eat your way through the stockpile, I'm making a real effort to use some of our accumulated 'stuff'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see a difference! Are there any items you've run out of, not replaced, and now miss having?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally got round to photographing the kitchen cupboards, after a quick tidy up of course ;-)Fine Art Sunrise Pictures

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.