Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Cheesy, Cheesy Cheesy

 
Day  148
 
Money Spent Today - £4  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £145.46  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £191.36
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £2.54
 
Oooh .... I'm down again to £2.54 in my purse.  I don't like it when the money drops below £5, so I really do have to stop shopping ... and I mean it really STOP shopping for a while and let the money build up again.
 
But I couldn't resist the offer of some of our favourite cream cheese for just £1 a tub.  So these little tubs should last us a while .... and it gives me something to dip my celery in :-)
 
Sue xx

6 comments:

  1. I haven't eaten any really delicious celery for ages - although I love it. In Sainsburys it now seems to come from abroad all year round. We have tried growing it many times over the years but always without much success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had loads of success when I grew it in my last polytunnel, the only thing was it was very strong tasting and only really suitable for cooking with. I guess if it had grown outdoors it might have had more natural rainwater and tasted slightly milder.

      Delete
  2. I have tried all the supermarket cheap versions of Philidelphia but nothing is as good, I add some when I do a potato bake.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it when they have it on offer and it's almost as cheap as the supermarkets own. I do think it's worth paying a little bit more for it every time though as it tastes so much better, and I find you need less to get a really lovely flavour in dishes such as your potato bake.

      Delete
  3. I do love Philly too, a couple of months ago discovered the salmon one which is really delicious. May need to pop in and stock up, I eat it on reduced price bagels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to suggest the value soft cheese as I have found it such a wonderfully versatile ingredient on the blog ( ThriftyLesley.com). I have never done a direct comparison for flavour, perhaps I should!

    Do you do anything else with it, as an ingredient?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.