Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Yummy Breakfast

 
Day  98
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £79.40   Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £134.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £18.60
 
It was a totally yummy breakfast this morning.  A good bowlful of one of my Dorset Cereal prize cereals with a rather large helping of homemade yogurt, well I say homemade ... I'm still using up my supply of Easiyo yogurt powders at the moment.  I think I have one box left I will just have to have a scrabble at the back of the cupboard and see if there are any more lurking there.
 
 
Even if there aren't it will still be much better value quantity and taste wise to make yogurts myself using one pot of live yogurt as a starter and a carton of UHT milk with some added dried milk powder, of course I can still use my Easiyo flask and jars for yogurt made this way, the powders just make things so simple and quick.
 
Maybe I should ask for some for my birthday!! 
 
 I think I may be getting some lovely edible gifts this year as it is allowed in the rules of the Challenge :-)
 
Sue xx

4 comments:

  1. On Moneysavingexpert forums, some people use just a bit of one of the Easiyo when making yoghurt in order to stretch the packet into making far more yoghurt than Easiyo intended. I'll have a look for a link for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that as well and then save a couple of tablespoons of the yoghurt to start of my next batch. Works out really cheap then x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found it. I thought I might have saved the link. Post 863 by Nodette:

    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=717089&page=44

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Jo. What a good idea.

      Delete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.