Monday, 7 April 2014

WHAT!!

 
Day  97
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £79.40   Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £134.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £17.60
 
You may recognise this photo from Friday's post.  Looking at the receipt (which I didn't photograph as it was long, containing lots of dog food and household products but it is stuck in my diary for posterity), I suddenly realised that my bananas cost me just 18p for two, what a bargain .....but my one courgette cost me 83p -WHAT!!
 
What a ridiculous amount for one Courgette, this reaffirms everything I think about planting and growing my own.  I can get a full packet of seeds for that price and that would give me a minimum of six plants which would give me absolutely hundreds of courgettes throughout the growing season.
 
It just goes to show either grow your own or wait to buy things until it is most definitely the right season for them.
 
I bought this one because LH was fancying some roasted Mediterranean Veggies, he'll have the next lot without a courgette that's for sure!!
 
Sue xx
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I know - awful, isn't it? I crave a courgette occasionally and buy one, but am always shocked at the price in the shops, but when I have six plants in the garden, churning them out like nobody's business, by September I am a tiny bit relieved that they are over! Strange!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.