Wednesday, 30 April 2014

The 'Game'

 
Day  120
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £111.12  Vouchers/Points/Credits Spent in Total - £174.60
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £8.88
 
Seeing the money grow in my purse by one pound a day is reassuring.  But what if that £8.88 that is nestling in the bottom of my purse was the only money I had in the world!!
 
This week is making me very aware that my Challenge is a game and for so many it is still the reality of life.  A day to day living nightmare.
 
It brings it all back to me ....  opening a cupboard and seeing the bare shelves.  Opening the freezer and seeing half a loaf of bread and lots of ice cubes.  The only reason I'm happy to continue my game, this Challenge of  spending just £1 a day on food, is that the money we are saving is going towards paying off our mortgage, securing our future and hopefully along the way bringing back to mind all my little money saving tips, the things I learnt the hard way that will help us live cheaply in the future, and hopefully at the same time help any readers of this Blog that choose to pick up on them.
 
Todays Post on Our New Life in the Country
 
Sue xx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.