Monday, 7 April 2014

Sunday - Not My Finest Hour

 
Day  96
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £79.40   Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £134.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £16.60
 
This was most definitely not my finest hour.
 
It was just going to be a quick throw it together pizza using one of the frozen bases that I made ages ago.  I simply used too much of the jar of bought Red Pesto that I found lurking in the fridge.
 
If I had been a little less heavy handed with the pesto and added a few strips of frozen pepper along with the sliced onion that I popped on the top, and maybe even a little less of the grated frozen cheese it would have worked.  But as there was, just a bit too much pesto in the jar that I was determined for whatever reason to use up and it made it too rich and heavy tasting.
 
Sometimes flavours need to be lighter, less dense to be savoured more .... and of course thinking about it I might well have got two pizzas from the pesto in the jar instead of one thus saving myself money and disappointment.
 
Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Ah well...don't we all do that sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe it didn't taste as good as you'd hoped, but it LOOKS absolutely delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.