Saturday, 12 April 2014

Homemade Takeaway

 
Day  102
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £0  Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £134.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £9.24
 
After a day travelling and shopping, enjoyable but tiring, I just wanted something really simple for tea.  When I used to visit Mum at her old house she had a brilliant chippy at the end of her road and the curry and chips, or curry and rice that I used to get was so tasty.  Now she's moved she lives as far away from a chippy as we do :-(
 
While travelling back from Manchester I decided that I would recreate a chippy meal at home and luckily this sauce is the nearest thing I have found and it is very cheap and easy and more importantly I already had it in the cupboard so I just needed to buy myself some chips.
 
I did have some potatoes in the cupboard but just for once I wanted to take the easy route, after all isn't that what a 'takeaway' is all about!!
 
 
So £1.85 for a large tub of sauce, £2.50 for a bag of lovely chunky chips and I have enough 'takeaways' to last me for at least five meals.  I'm sure it was much more than 87p for a portion at the chippy!!
 
Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. I have never had curry on chips (UK thing!) so I'll have to try it next time I'm over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our local takeaway charges more than double your 87p for a small portion of chips so we normally go down your route as well : )

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.