Thursday, 10 April 2014

Celebrating Day 100


Day  100
 
Money Spent Today - £0   Vouchers/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £79.40   Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £134.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £20.60
 
I thought I'd celebrate Day 100 of my Challenge by using some totally free food.
 
I've been foraging in the local woods and managed to find an abundant source of Wild Garlic, so to go with our tea I decided to make some Wild Garlic Mayonnaise.  Very simply just shop bought mayo with finely chopped wild garlic leaves added. 
 
 
It was totally gorgeous!!
 
 
I'll be going back to harvest some more so I can make some Pesto, but first I'm going to stroll though our woodland hack through the undergrowth and see if we have any of our own growing.  If we haven't there are quite a few places selling Wild Garlic bulbs at the moment so I will have to see about getting some that way it will be literally right on my doorstep for next years season.
 
Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Yum!
    Our wild garlic has about another month yet before it is ready for picking. I established a small clump in the garden here, it is just peeking through now.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.