Monday, 14 April 2014

Blowing 10p

 
Day  104
 
Money Spent Today - 10p   Vouchers/Points Spent - £1.40
Money Spent in Total - £92.86   Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £135.85
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £11.14
 
As I was calling back to Tesco for some petrol, I decided to nip in and spend my £1.40 coupon ....
 
 
... and as you can see from the receipt I was extremely restrained in my shopping, managing to buy just a loaf of our favourite bread, which with the coupon only cost me 10p.
 
It's now safely stashed in the freezer to be taken out a slice or two at a time and made to last us as long as possible.
 
But none of it will be touched this week as I am 'Living Below the Line'.  More about that tomorrow, along with a sneak preview of what I spent my £5 on to last me a full five days.
 
Sue xx

4 comments:

  1. We used to buy Warburtons...then a friend recommended a Panasonic breadmaker. Now we eat bread just as good as Warburtons, if not better, as I usually use organic flour. These work out at abou 90p a loaf, including the electricity. If you used Aldi bread flour and yeast (and this gives good results too) it would be MUCH cheaper. I marked off every time we baked a loaf on our calendar and it has just paid for itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do make my own bread, at least a couple of loaves a week and know how much cheaper this works out, but sometimes it's nice to be able to grab a slice of this out of the freezer and have some toast made with my absolute favourite bread. It shows how simple my tastes have become when a slice of seedy, sliced bought bread and a glass of 17p a litre Sparkling Water are my treats of choice!!

      Delete
  2. PS...I made a mistake there...each loaf is 90p cheaper than Warburtons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite bread too, it's so moreish!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.