Sunday, 16 March 2014

Weekend Shopping - Part Two

 
 Day  75
 
Money Spent Today - £1.33 Vouchers/Points Spent - £44.00 
Money Spent in Total - £53.41 Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £134.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £20.26
 
After my visit to Tesco I went straight along the road for a mooch around in Llandudno and ended up in M&S, I was going to treat myself to a coffee with my personal spends, but the café was heaving,  full of early season holiday makers that had been drawn into M&S for the 50% off sale that was in full swing.  I went down to the food department instead and decided to spend some of my vouchers.
 
I spent them all .... but as you can see I did amazingly well.  All the fresh stuff we need for the week, lots of lovely treats (the sugar free sweeties are a favourite for in the cars and are ideal for LH as he is diabetic) AND a bottle of wine.  I also bought a Basil plant and a Parsley plant as the seeds I have already planted have not germinated at all.  I will put some more in but I think it's time for some zingy cooking and I love fresh herbs in my food and I really can't wait anymore.
 
 
To help things along I had a 10% off food voucher and then £44 in vouchers so all in all I spent a grand total of £1.33 and used up ALL of my remaining vouchers.  There was one very clever purchase the shortbread biscuits were £1.99 per pack or two packs for £2 ... as you can see I got two, what a lovely treat to have tucked up in the cupboard.
 
It was brilliant to walk out of the shop with so much shopping for so little cash, even the cashier was very impressed with my clever shopping :-)
 
To celebrate I did buy myself a coffee but in a more little known café in town .... upstairs in Waterstones, books, coffee and cake under one roof, it's somewhere I'm keeping quite about .... shhhh don't tell ;-)
 
Sue xx

5 comments:

  1. well done Sue , will you be potting the herbs on after their haircut?

    Sharron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me so well, of course I will. Hopefully they will last me at least until I can get some seeds of my own growing.

      Delete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.