Monday, 24 March 2014

Water Going Up?

 
Day  83
 
Money Spent Today - £1.70 Vouchers/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £61.94   Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £134.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £21.06
 
Yesterday I posed the question to myself ...
 
' I wonder - is it possible to visit Tesco and just buy 10 bottles of Sparkling Water ? '

 
The answer ..... YES it is !!
 
Although after reading Laura's post today over at  No More Spending, I'm sorry I didn't check out the bread aisle and get a couple of packets of bagels as they seem to have been on offer at just £1 a pack.
 
Oh well I guess I saved money by not knowing about this until I got back.
 
Just to let you know though the shelf edge label for the water read 24p a bottle, and although I was annoyed at such a massive rise, almost 40% in one fell swoop, I was still going to buy 10 bottles as this is our favourite cheap brand, but when we got to the checkout the bottles still scanned at the usual price of 17p each.
 
It does look as though they are going to be going up in price soon though  :-(
 
Sue xx

4 comments:

  1. Waitrose mineral water has just gone up from 45p to 50p for 2 litres....I give up from time to time but our tap water tastes - mouldy!
    It's been tested by Southern Water and is fine and good to drink health wise and as it should be but for reasons unknown to me sometimes it tastes horrible and other times it's fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't drink our water straight from the taps when we lived in Oxfordshire or Berkshire, even from the filter jug it had a weird taste to it but our lovely Welsh water is lovely and fresh tasting ..... I'm just slightly addicted to sparkling water now.

      Not a bad addiction as addictions go though :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the link Sue :)

    Sorry that you missed out on the bagels, but I'm glad that you only got charged 17p a bottle for your water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our local Tesco was showing water at 24p a few weeks ago, it was 19p the last time I went in. I would have queried it at coustomer services, sounds as though they had not changed the shelf price. I get my water from Aldi its 19p.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.