Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Unexpected Shopping

 
Day  70 
 
Money Spent Today - £3.13 Vouchers/Points Spent - £0 
Money Spent in Total - £45.72 Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £90.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £24.28
 
I called into Home Bargains for the few toiletries that we needed and as I had more time than I usually do I wandered up and down the aisles to see what they had in stock.  As you can see I was tempted to spend. 
 
The packs of microwavable rice were just 49p each and are always handy to have in for those emergencies when a 'sudden carb' is needed, like when I make the curry and forget to put the rice in the oven when I should .... yes I am that forgetful.  Last week I opened the door of the bottom oven to retrieve a pan of rice and I hadn't even put it in!!  So now I have an emergency stash for such eventualities.
 
The beetroot was just 29p a pack, I've never seen them that cheap anywhere and they are so useful to have in to add to any meal, and we both love beetroot in any form.  And of course when I spotted my favourite 'treaty' biscuits that I always carry a couple of packs of in my bag at half the price I normally pay I just had to pop a packet of them into my shopping basket too.
 
Not a bad little shop even if it was totally unexpected.
 
Sue xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sue :) How do you cook your rice in the oven, if you dont mind me asking. I imagine it would be handy when cooking something slow like a chilli that was already in the oven :)
    mel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have microwavable rice on my 'add to stockpile' list - 49p is a good price - I need to check out Home Bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aldi microwavable rice is the same price, which may be easier for some people to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll do a post about my rice cooking tomorrow .... in the meantime I'll keep you wondering:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh those are my favourite biscuits too, closely followed by bourbons ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love beetroot as well, beetroot and salad creme sandwich .......yum.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.