Thursday, 6 March 2014

Tear and Share Bread


Day  65  
 
Money Spent Today - £0 Vouchers/Points Spent - £0 
Money Spent in Total - £42.59 Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £90.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £22.41
 
Well I've calmed down since my shopping splurges and last night whilst making another loaf of bread I separated a little bit of the dough off to try my hand at a 'Tear and Share' bread. 
 



It all looks so promising at this stage and indeed it rose magnificently, little pillows of lovely dough just waiting for the flavouring to be added, in this case garlic butter and  herbs.  Then it all went wrong!! 
 
Of course spreading the garlic butter all over, even as carefully as I did meant that the fluffy little pillows vanished before my eyes.
 
I did stick it all in the oven and it make a perfectly acceptable Garlic Bread, but now I know what to do next time .... I will freeze my creation at the 'fluffy pillows of dough' stage and then spread the garlic butter on the frozen dough ready for cooking.
 
Ah well we live and learn :-)
 
Sue xx

3 comments:

  1. Sure it tasted great

    you could also melt the butter and paint it on gently which is my preferred method :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea to make your own, I wonder if you could put a blob of garlic butter into the pieces as you shape them so they would rise and bake with the filling, you could also brush some on the top ...as above :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could try garlic or chilli fry light? No brushing required only £2 and lasts forever!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.