Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Round Loaf

 
Day  63  
 
Money Spent Today - £0 Vouchers/Points Spent - £0 
Money Spent in Total - £33.43 Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £80
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £29.57
 
After the mad splurge of yesterday I thought I had better stay in and make some bread!!
 
It calms me and gives structure to the day. 
 
The initial weighing, kneading and clearing up and then leaving the dough to rise and coming back to it a couple of hours later when it is full of life and peering over the top of the bowl seems to ground me, and of course the wonderful smells in the house when the finished loaf comes out of the oven make the house feel wholesome and healthy.
 
 
For once I decided not to use one of the loaf tins but to simply make a round loaf, it tasted wonderful and Lovely Hubby said it was the best loaf I have ever made, I will have to try and replicate this then :-)
 
 
Before shaping the loaf I pulled off a handful of the dough and rolled it out thinly, leaving it in a cooler corner of the kitchen for the day meant it rose very, very slowly and when teatime came I smeared it with a homemade herby, garlic butter and we had a wonderful garlic bread with our tea.
 
Something for nothing really, as if I had left it in with the loaf dough we would just have had a bigger loaf!!
 
Sue xx
 


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful loaf of bread! I love it when I can turn a small bit that won't be missed into something else and everyone feels like it is a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks scrummy. Do you ever make gluten free bread?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.