Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Lamb Stew, Veggie Stew


 
Day  84
 
Money Spent Today - £0 Vouchers/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £61.94   Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £134.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £22.06
 
The food in store both from the freezers and the cupboards is lasting pretty well up to now.  Yesterday I knocked up this tasty looking (if you're a meat eater that is) Lamb Stew for Lovely Hubby.  I did myself a smaller vegetable version too but didn't take a photo of it.
 
They simply each had a couple of onions and large handful of the frozen carrots, a few small potatoes, and a big handful of lentils thrown in for extra bulking out and goodness purposes alongside LH's lamb pieces.   I've noticed I seem to throw lentils into so many of the hot warming stews and soups I make, it's a good job I started off with lots.
 
Both the pans of stew lasted us for three meals each with a portion also being put into the fridge for LH to be able to have one more .... well his pan was much bigger than mine :-)
 
 
Sue xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.