Friday, 7 March 2014

Freebies

 
Day  66  
 
Money Spent Today - £0 Vouchers/Points Spent - £0 
Money Spent in Total - £42.59 Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £90.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £23.41
 
 
When I first started out on this Challenge I allowed myself the ability to pick up freebies when I was out and about.  Just the odd extra sugar or sweetener when I treated myself to a coffee with my personal spends or if we went out for a meal anywhere and I'm amazed at how quickly my little jar has filled up.
 
And they are coming in really useful, when I make my homemade yogurts I use a sachet or two of sweetener to take the sour edge off the yogurt, it works a treat.
 
I do have to watch that I open a powdered sweetener sachet though and not the tablet form.  It looks a bit strange a single tablet sat there in the yogurt ..... can you tell I boobed the other day ;-)
 
Sue xx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. At the moment I am working my way through my EasiYo stash, http://www.lakeland.co.uk/11693/EasiYo-Starter-Kit

      But I used to just make it with a carton UHT milk, half a bought live yogurt and a tablespoon of milk powder (this makes it much thicker and creamier), put all these into a warmed thermos flask and leave overnight. In the morning decant into a bowl and store covered in the fridge. Yummy and so much cheaper than buying lots of silly little pots from the supermarket. I'll go back to this once I have used up all the sachets I found in the cupboard.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sue,
    Have just been away on a fab holiday around Norway, so absent for a couple of weeks, but catching up now (albeit very slowly). I did the same thing whilst we were away, an extra sachet here or there, I have come home with quite a collection. You are still doing remarkably well, we have a few days to ourselves then we are off to our 'summer work assignment' in Dorset, so will be (re)starting a strict regime from next week - we need to save as much as possible as what we earn this year is what we live on next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you start a Blog about your lives, it all sounds fascinating travelling around doing different jobs on different sites etc, and would make a brilliant Blog, if not a book !!

      Delete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.