Friday, 21 March 2014

Fish and Chips

 
Day  80
 
Money Spent Today - £0 Vouchers/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £54.74 Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £134.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £25.26
 
I'm currently eating fish alongside my other foods, this is sporadic for me.  I usually follow a vegetarian diet but every now and then I do switch to including fish in my food choices.  This of course makes me temporarily Pescatarian, which makes my Mum very happy as she is convinced I won't get my nutrients from my veggies alone!!
 
Can I afford to continue to eat fish though once my vouchers and points run out.  These fillets bought as part of a special offer work out at 83p each, the few chips from the large bag of frozen chunky chips in the freezer probably only add a few pence to the cost of the meal and make the meal filling enough for me not to want to raid the biscuit tin after an hour or so ... as my other half is apt to do if I don't fill his plate up with lots of veggies alongside his fish and chips.
 
Filling the plate up with home grown veggies once we have them, would make the meal affordable, as would having eggs for breakfast, and homemade soup and bread for lunch to make my pound stretch to encompass the whole day's budget.
 
So I guess I could just about afford to continue to eat fish either in this form or tinned Tuna which is about 49p a tin for the basic flakes in Asda at the moment ... but do I want to?
 
I seem to be having a pondering over food week this week   :-/
 
Sue xx
 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info about tuna being so cheap in Asda at the moment - the price seems to be skyrocketing elsewhere and it has been hard to find it at a reasonable price at all. I shall have to find a reason to be near an Asda very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fish treat now and again sounds like a plan Sue.
    I tend to eat a pescatarian diet - it helps our budget as I only buy meat for dh - but fish is so expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.