Saturday, 1 March 2014

Checking Receipts


Day  60
 
Money Spent Today - 57p  Vouchers/Points Spent - £15   
Money Spent in Total - £29.16 Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £40
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £30.84
 
I was up near Rhyl the other day and as we needed a few things I decided to call into Sainsbury's there, as far as I can see this is our nearest large Sainsbury's so I always combine a visit there with at the very least a good doggy walk at Rhos on Sea to make it worth the petrol money.
 
I managed to get this little lot for the grand sum of 57p  and £15 of my Nectar points.  Not a bad shop, I do like it when such a small amount of money changes hands for such a lot of food.
 


I am also getting quite good at remembering to get my receipts....
 
 
... and checking them carefully. 
 
Last time I went to Tesco (when I bought all that Sparkling Water) I got home and noticed I hadn't been given any 'Green' Clubcard points even though I had used a lot of my own bags.  I quickly dropped an email to them via the contact box on their website and got an almost immediate response,  apologising profusely and saying that my Clubcard would be credited with 100 extra points for taking the trouble to get in touch and point out the error.  So that was well worth the five minutes of my time it took to do.
 
I always find it is very good to 'complain' in a nice friendly way if you want to see a happy result :-)
 
Sue xx
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue - re Tesco points - I recall reading somewhere when the charge for single use bags was introduced in Wales - that Tesco could no longer give green points for bag reuse ( I have never been given any !!) so interested in your experience - I will take it up with them next time I visit our Tesco in Wales.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.