Monday, 31 March 2014

Belated Sunday Post

 
 
Day  89
 
Money Spent Today - £0 Vouchers/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £61.94   Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £134.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £27.06
 
 
Our 'go to' breakfast of the moment seems to be poached eggs on toast.  Not so long ago it was scrambled eggs on toast, it's really funny how once you've mastered something and found out how to cook it to your exact taste it's the thing you fancy most often.
 
I've never really been into fried eggs although they do taste nicer cooked in the top oven of the Aga when they are cooked with an 'Aga fry up', there's non of that greasy taste and the extra crisp outside edge that I think is what puts me off.
 
Whatever we have Lovely Hubby usually has a couple of rashers of bacon added to his plate of eggs and the kitchen fills with that wonderful aroma of cooked bacon.  But whereas once I might have been tempted to nibble a bit of bacon these days, and perhaps for the past year or so I really have absolutely NO interest whatsoever in cooked dead pig !!
 
Wow ... how times have changed :-)
 
Sue xx

4 comments:

  1. Bacon is one thing I struggle to avoid (although I do!). I was cooking it for hubby and guests yesterday morning and the smell was amazing...never mind! I can live without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eating mostly veggie for 2 years, and recently had breakfast sausage - didn't like it and won't miss it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mention of poached eggs brought a smile to my face! When I was eating poached eggs on toast for breakfast, dinner and tea it dawned on me !! yes I knew I was pregnant again ! I was still breast feeding my 4 month old daughter and hadn't even started the monthlies again so never gave them a thought but poached eggs gave it away! Hubby and I didn't mention it until I was about 6 months and it was the shortest pregnancy going which was great with a 112 month old and a 3 1/2 year old to look after. It was milk with my first son and ginger biscuits with my daughter. I had lots of fun worrying hubby after that when ever I had a passion for 1 particular food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops I mean a 12 month old not 112 months !

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.