Thursday, 27 March 2014

A Garden and a Library

 
 
 
Day  86
 
Money Spent Today - £0 Vouchers/Points Spent - £0
Money Spent in Total - £61.94   Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £134.45
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £24.06
 
This is going to prove very true in the next few months.  A garden to grow us lots of lovely vegetables and a library of books full of ideas of what to do with them so there will be lots of variation in what we eat.
 
Things are taking shape soooo slowly outside and it's at this time of year I always doubt there will be much grown and therefore little to eat later in the season.  More so than ever this year with our recent move and having to start completely from scratch.
 
Time I think to bite the bullet and get a few seeds in that I can grown in whatever bit of earth is available.  A few lettuces, a few tomato plants even the very basics will be very welcome as the freezer stock of last years vegetables runs out.
 
Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. You have captured my philosophy of life in that one simple phrase, Sue... I think I knew it all along really, but when it's spelt out so pure like that, it made me stop still and realise! We are often distracted by our many other wants and duties during the day, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty, if we have these two things we are wealthy xxxx I really would like to copy this pic or even your whole post today, for my own private blog diary, to remind me when I'm leafing thru - but I don't know how to do it, or even if I'm allowed to? Could you advise me, please? Ta x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome to copy and paste this, which I think would be the easiest way to copy it. I got the picture from Facebook ages ago, I honestly do not know where it originated from ..... but it's the best philosophy isn't it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.