Friday, 21 February 2014

Using Some of the Points

 
 
Day  52
 
Money Spent Today - 18p  Vouchers/Points Spent - £20   
Money Spent in Total - £28.59 Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £25
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £23.41
 
There was something so very satisfying about getting this little lot for the grand sum of 18p.  Even the cashier had a grin on his face and said 'nice shopping'.  I made good use of £20 worth of my Nectar points.
 

I got the bread rolls I was talking about to put in the freezer, not the ones I usually like but these were on offer so I chose them instead, worth a try.  I also got a couple of yellow stickered fishy things to portion up and individually freeze for lots of meals to come.
 
 
And I bought some milk powder because although I don't have it in my coffee I do need some to have in for baking, rather than using Lovely Hubby's fresh milk it's so much easier and more cost effective to add some dried milk to the flour when making bread or cakes than to buy extra ordinary milk.
 
I'm a happy shopper :-)
 
Sue xx
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm full of admiration at the way you're managing this challenge and love reading about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on the super low spends! Great that you got fish bargains it seems to have gotten so expensive lately

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have reminded me that I have some Sainsbury's points. I must get in there one evening when they have the yellow sticker gun out!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.