Tuesday, 18 February 2014

The Last Banana

 
Day  49
 
Money Spent Today - £0  Vouchers Spent - £0   
Money Spent in Total - £28.41 Vouchers Spent in Total - £5
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £20.59
 
Well there was one banana left, and after me craving bananas whist out shopping I had done my usual thing and left them hanging there until they were browner than I actually like them.  So after using the other two in the Banoffee Pie I decided to add the last one to a pack of Approved Foods Madeira Cake Mix.

 
Gosh that was a success!!
 
Whereas Madeira cake is usually light and delicate tasting, the banana added a density of texture and flavour that made for a whole new experience. It was lovely on it's own, even more lovely (but totally naughty) with a spread of butter and I guess it would be wonderful with some instant custard.   I'll watch out on AF for this mix on offer again just to replicate this once I run out of my present stash.
 
I cut off the piece you see missing in the photo and sent Lovely Hubby off to work with the rest in a box to keep it as fresh as possible for him and his housemates to share with coffee for supper tonight.
 
I'm glad I sent it away ...  I think I would have eaten it all much too quickly if it had been left here with me :-)
 
Sue xx
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I made a cake mix this week too - I didn't think to add some banana or fruit - but resisted adding chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.