Monday, 24 February 2014

One For Me, One for the Freezer

 
Day  55
 
Money Spent Today - £0  Vouchers/Points Spent - £0   
Money Spent in Total - £28.59 Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £25
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £26.41
 
I'm not very good at cooking for one, there is virtually always too much food left over, so rather than eating too much or scraping the plate into a tub and popping it into the fridge I am trying to simply go with the flow and when I make too much just plate it up as two portions.  Putting one in a suitable freezer proof container to cool and then stashing it away for a day when I really can't be bothered cooking.
 
 
In this case it was Macaroni Cheese, and I did actually use macaroni rather than the pasta twists or penne that I usually use in this dish.  A quick sprinkle of some of the breadcrumbs from the freezer and a little bit of grated Parmesan style cheese and it made for a very tasty and quick tea. 
 
It really is good doing it this way because next time I fancy this there will be virtually no washing up :-)
 
Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Sue...and I'm all for no washing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, I love read your blog everyday, so inspirational .

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.