Saturday, 15 February 2014

Leftovers


 Day  46
 
Money Spent Today - £0 Vouchers Spent - £0   
Money Spent in Total - £23.74  Vouchers Spent in Total - £5
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £22.26
 
I forgot to put up the picture of what I made out of that sliver of pastry that I sliced off when I made the pasties the other day ....
 
 
... well it was a lovely little Salmon en Croute
.
Unfortunately I overcooked it a smidge, I love my pastry light and flaky and this was just a tad dark and hard.  But luckily the salmon fillet I found in the freezer was a Chilli Salmon fillet so it had lots of flavour to mask out the slightly overdone pastry.  It went wonderfully with the last of the Mixed Leaves and a rather large dollop of Mayo.

 
 
Well worth slicing off that end of pastry. 
 
I simply rolled it a little bit thinner, lay the fillet on top and then brushed the edges with leftover egg wash, I tried to plait it but the pastry was too hard to handle so I ended up just sort of folding and sticking with the egg wash and then brushing it all over.  So easy to do and having just that tiny bit of pastry turned what could have been a snack into a full and filling meal.
 
Sue xx

3 comments:

  1. You are so inventive Sue, you always inspire me to make the most of what I've got in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree.....looks lovely. Will definitely give that a go. I am always worried about cooking salmon but this looks doable by me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue,

    Both my wife and I agree that today's dish looks delightful - challenge or no. We will be treating ourselves to Salmon en Croute in the very near future. Lynz - my wife - now religiously follows your blog - and has been inspired into preparing all manner of meals for our two children on a regular basis - many inspired by your recipes.

    You are an inspiration - please keep it up!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.