Saturday, 22 February 2014

Individual Freezing


 
Day  53
 
Money Spent Today - £0  Vouchers/Points Spent - £0   
Money Spent in Total - £28.59 Vouchers/Points Spent in Total - £25
Emergency £5 Spent on Butter
Money left in purse  - £24.41
 
To get full possible benefit from most of my shopping I tend to freeze most things individually, then if I want one thing out of the freezer I only have to take one and not a full packet or risk fingers trying to separate frozen things with a knife!!
 
I like my big boxes too, they are easy to stack in the freezer and I can usually see what's in them at a glance, although after a while if I've forgotten to label them they can be a bit opaque and then things are a bit more hit and miss.
 
The bread rolls were easy to do they were already separate, so I fitted eight of the rolls still in their cellophane wrapper in my large box and left the others in their original wrapping they will have to be used up first as I have no more big boxes left.
 
 
The salmon fillets and breaded fish were all unpacked and wrapped in Easy-Leave to keep them separate as they freeze, and then they too were put into boxes that were already in the freezer with some of the same already in them.

 
The seeded sliced loaf was simple to do, I simply open the bag move all the slices apart a little bit and then reseal the bag excluding as much air as I can.  After a few hours in the freezer the individual slices have frozen enough for me to open the bag again and push them back together.  Once I have done this the bread in it's wrapper is put into another bag so it is double wrapped in the freezer.  Now whenever I want a single slice of bread I can get one out nice and easily.
 
Making every penny count and making full use of everything you buy is so very important with the food prices going up and up the way they are and I really don't see prices falling in the near future with so much of our lovely farmland under water.
 
Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Great tips especially the frozen sliced bread , I had a muscle food order last week and froze all the separate chicken fillets using your method :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always mean to do this but don't always get there and then beat myself up :) . Food is definitely still going up every time something seems dearer.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry comments are closed for this blog.

If you have any questions please contact me via my main Our New Life in the Country blog. Thanks.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.